The British and Irish Lions had a fantastic tour culminating in an epic win against the Wallabies by 25 points to seal the test series win. Stand out players were littered across the tour but Halfpenny secured the Player Of The Tournament.
Fixtures and Results of British and Irish Lions 2013
- Sat 8 Jun 10:40 Queensland Reds 12 – 22 British & Irish Lions Suncorp Stadium
- Tue 11 Jun 10:40 Combined NSW-QLD Country 0 – 64 British & Irish Lions Hunter Stadium
- Sat 15 Jun 10:40 NSW Waratahs 17 – 47 British & Irish Lions Allianz Stadium
- Tue 18 Jun 10:40 Brumbies 14 – 12 British & Irish Lions Canberra Stadium
- Sat 22 Jun 11:05 Qantas Wallabies 21 – 23 British & Irish Lions Suncorp Stadium
- Tue 25 Jun 10:40 Melbourne Rebels 0 – 35 British & Irish Lions AAMI Park
- Sat 29 Jun 11:05 Qantas Wallabies 16 – 15 British & Irish Lions Etihad Stadium
- Sat 6 Jul 11:05 Qantas Wallabies 16 – 41 British & Irish Lions ANZ Stadium
The players certainly must feel proud of themselves and as a fan it was remarkable to see the team pull together and almost become men instead of boys through the tour. This tour was not marred by bickering and pre-madonna behaviour by players or staff.
The tour had a massive following and it was great to see players (some of whom are nearly on a cool Million a year) mingiling with fans, offering those who pay for the tour the chance to meet with players and a real insight into what goes on behind the tour.
The general feeling in the UK and Ireland is a job well done and we cant wait to get out there and see off the Kiwis, what a tour that will be and no doubt it will already be in the back of players and fans minds alike. It is by no means cheap to follow the Lions, even a Sky package at home isnt cheap, but the quality of Rugby and inspirational moments offered are unsurpassed.
The Australians can also be proud of themselves playing some great rugby and with fans that supported them throughout, the sport is huge in Australia with massive stadiums and passionate fans. One day im sure Rugby in the UK will reach its full potential.
The support staff of th Lions kept the team rolling from venue to venue and repaired,stitched and healed players as they came through their bruising encounters. Im sure Players, Staff and Fans will remember this tour for years to come and a congratulations goes out to them all.